Cleaning your kitchen splashback is not always fun. After all, your kitchen splashback is where you find a lot of splatter from your cooking grease and a lot more. Whether you have stone tiles, glass tiles, or ceramic tiles, we have got you covered. In this post, we share some of the best ways to keep each type of kitchen splashback clean.
Porcelain Kitchen Splashback
Perhaps the most popular material for kitchen splashback is porcelain. It is versatile and is a beautiful way to add colour and life to your kitchen. Moreover, it is easy to clean and maintain your porcelain splashback. Here are a few tricks that will help you keep your porcelain kitchen splashback clean.
- Use a mild detergent or a mixture of water and vinegar in equal parts and wipe with a sponge or clean cloth.
- For more greasy mess, you can spray the area using a an all-purpose cleaner and let it stay until the grease softens and is easy to clean.
Always remember, if you have an unglazed porcelain kitchen splashback, never use soap or a mixture of vinegar and water. Instead, use a pH neutral cleaner along with warm water to clean the area.
Stone Kitchen Splashback
Many homeowners prefer a stone splashback as they give a versatile and high-end appearance to your kitchen. However, stone tiles may require extra cleaning as some of the popular choices for stone tiles are porous. Some of the tips and tricks for cleaning stone tile kitchen splashback are as follows.
- Wipe off the surface as soon as it gets dirty. It is one of the most important tips to avoid staining the stone splashback.
- For regular maintenance and cleaning, use specialised products for stone tile splashbacks. If you are unsure which one works best for your kitchen splashback, it’s best to get advice from your supplier.
- You will be required to use a sealing agent for your stone tile kitchen splashback. Don’t forget to renew once every two to three years to keep your kitchen splashback intact.
Ceramic Kitchen Splashback
Ceramic tiles that are used for kitchen splashback are usually easy to clean and maintain. However, they require regular cleaning and maintenance. Here is how you can quickly and effectively clean your ceramic tile kitchen splashback.
- Always use a mix of mild detergent/dishwashing liquid and warm water, and use the soapy solution to wipe your splashback.
- Make sure you use a soft cloth to clean your tiles.
- For tough stains, you can use a mixture of water and vinegar (in equal parts). You can also sprinkle some baking soda with this cleaning mixture and wipe it down using a soft, clean cloth. However, do not use undiluted vinegar as it can stain your tiles.
Your kitchen splashback needs regular cleaning and maintenance. By removing stains instantly and using a soft lint-free cloth, you can keep your kitchen sparkling clean throughout the year. To find out more about kitchen renovation and splashbacks, get in touch now.